Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Lot Like Love...

This movie brings me memories....such a good movie and no better way to start this post.

So, 2 weeks ago...a rainy Thursday of April everything looked like it was going to be a regular day, the type where I go to work and then go home, except my best friend in Toronto asked me to join him to go meet this girl. The story goes like this....she's the friend of a friend of his who recently passed away and they were going to meet here in Toronto for the first time....how did I get involved, no clue, just came along for the ride....best decision ever!

While waiting in a Starbucks for the "mystery lady" we were playing with my new computer (yes, I did sold my old one and got an used laptop) and then she comes.....MC, the tall short haired girl whom I couldn't take my eyes away from....she sat with us and after an introduction they started talking and catching up.
Me, I was very lost, not knowing what to do I decided to go get the coffees/tea so I could gain some time and kinda try to figure out what was going on in my head....

Love? So soon? It's only been 6 months since the breakup.......No way dude, can't be....you're not ready yet...

Back to the table..keep on looking at her..trying to get involved in the conversation and at the first opportunity I am in, throw a joke...she laughed....bad move, now I am hooked with her smile. What the F...is going on Sebastian, get it together man....you are the man with a plan...

- What? you don't know many people in Toronto, yeah here's my number! Gimme yours! (ohhh come on Seb, well, no worries, she won't call, you've tried this before and they never call)

And true enough she didn't but when I got home the next day on a friday and very innocently went to check my emails there it was. An email from the "mystery girl" nothing too evident, just to stay in touch. Totally disarmed me, the smile on my face...ohh man, I am in trouble

I answered the email, she was supposed to come to see us play, she didn't come but on tuesday I decided to send her a text. I was supposed to go to the movies with my buddy and her wife so why not invite her? So I texted her....

- "Sorry but I can't"

There you go Sebastian.....late but you got the response......another text followed

- "How bout' Thursday instead? I'll call you later to arrange"

Really? Hope? Ohh man I am out of practice....the radar is not working properly and I am getting nervous....silly right?

The phone call turned into an hour call, where we talked and laughed. Thursday came, we met, went for sushi and movie after....it felt good, but maybe it is all in my head, maybe is just friendship...

Sunday we had another show, this time she came. Saw the whole show, all 3 sets, and when we were done she stuck around for the dismantle and I suggested dinner. Everyone bailed except for the singer and the "mystery girl". She played along and came....just to have some chocolate crepes and talk and laugh some more until midnight on a sunday...then, the unexpected happened

- "At what time do you take your lunch break tomorrow? I am off and maybe you wanna have lunch together?"

Are you for real? Not only this girl is cute, tall and and with a lovely sense of humour but she is asking me for lunch? Never saw it coming and i loved it!

- "Normally I go between 1 and 2"
- "I'll text you tomorrow then"

and there she was, at 1:05, we went for lunch, started talking, next time I checked my watch I was late for 20 minutes past my time to come back, time flew and i just felt like we had so much more to talk...I suggested to meet after work, she agreed..

What followed was a session of more talk, ice cream, laughs, beer, hummus, more talk, sweet potato fries, more beer, more laughs and.......a kiss.

The best feeling I've had in a while, and as we tried to explain to each other what just had happened without finding the proper words, we promise each other to take it slowly and take out time developing what comes after....

I knew right there what I was feeling, but I couldn't say it, so I thought of this song.....which the lyrics say exactly what I was feeling in that moment...call me a romantic or cheesy but I am a musician after all!

I wrote the name of the song, asked her to check it out at home, check the lyrics and text me what she thought...

We said goodbye, i left on a cloud, she smells great!

Tuesday 12:37am "What a feeling :)" was her answer..

She got the message!

Things have gotten better and better since then and i must admit that this girl has done something to me I wasn't expecting to happen. It just feels good. I want to spend days and nights doing stuff together and enjoying the present with her....without regretting the past or fearing the future, just focusing on the present.

Will i be traveling after all? The whole long term trip to find myself again? Has that plan just fell? I have no clue

I am still going to NYC and she's going away for 2 weeks, we'll meet again and see what's going on...in the meantime I want to enjoy the feeling...after so long I am not sure what it is but, it sure does feel....

A Lot Like Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment