Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back on Stage!! Song of the Day and other stuff...

It might have taken a while but yesterday I got back on stage to play 5 songs with the cover band I've been rehearsing for the past 3 months, it didn't matter if it was an open jam, or if there were about 10 people in the crowd, or if the bar owners never showed up to check us out and arrange a booking.

We all 5 were there, eager to play and the chemistry was amazing!

Songs we played:

Give me one Reason
Fortunate Son
Bad Romance
Creep
Message in a Bottle

People were happy and having a good time (yeah all 10 of them) but the most important thing, I felt great. I felt like a big load was taken off my shoulders, no worries for those 20 minutes, we even made some mistakes and they were no biggie, good saves from the whole band to make them unnoticeable to the audience...

Two Venezuelans, one Shri-Lankan, one Asian and a Polish. Weird blend but the best results.

We'll start hitting some more "Open Jams" around the city to test skills and take off some rust plus it might be an opportunity to get some paid gigs and get back in action as a part time musician. Just what I need!

Also at work, I think in an involuntary way I kinda created a game. It's called "the song of the day" and it all started by talking with my supervisor about my passion of scoring for films and how music and moods go hand by hand or you can describe your mood with certain song...not only we tested each other but she managed to get the rest of the department involved. There was some Kings of Lion, Carmina Burana and some other choices...mine....?

Can't you Hear me Knocking by the Stones

I can't get enough of those congas and that latin vibe jam at the end with the sax..the chorus is the best.

Snowstorm today but it wasn't as bad as everyone predicted it'd be, kinda made me think some more about my trip, where would I be if I get stuck in a snow storm. It made me realize I really need to plan where it is going to be "Point A" and "Point B" depending on the season I choose to travel.

Well, that sounds like material for another post so you'll have to take a rain check on that one.

Feeling good again guys/girls...thanks to music and friends' support as always

Next time I promise I'll have some pictures or videos to share with you

Til' then

Rock n' Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment